Friday, June 09, 2006
End*Clears the cobwebs, pluck e shrooms and cook*
It's the end the hell suffering. Its a relief, a mountainous amount of work, an impossible deadline to meet, an unimaginable demand from whom oppressed me, unreachable expectations, 100 million walts of concentrations(do not touch), fireworks galore in my brain all that caused my temporary insanity- i'd experienced.
I'd said a gazillion times how much i hated to do that project, that report, that powerpoint, the things i gotta study so hard for had extracted my soul from my body. I'd worked continuously from day to night, drowned myself in the ocean of notes, books, prints, newspapers, prospectus, annual reports, files, guideline and paper with workings done on them. My table was in such mess i gotta use the Emirates handcarry bag they gave me to contain my notes and use chairs to put some books on them. It's a horrifying sight ok. my room is in a horrible mess.
I'll get to the point now. Why is it so messy and crap?! It's all because of the masters courses i took in france. The results are out of their expectations. They suggest me to take up 2 more modules to like, measure... see which one is better den take which.. bla bla.. n said if i failed the module i took in NYP i get to retain immediately - no appeals will be accepted. So the bottomline is, i must take up the 2 modules no matter what, by saying that it was a suggestion was just to make it sound nicer. In fact, they threatened me. So.. TO HELL WITH NYP.
The 2 modules that i took was 1. Capital Markets and Financial Instrument (CMFI), 2. Personal Financial Planning (PFP).
1. CMFIThis module talks abt the share market. Everything about shares. Everything abt the equity market and it's financial instruments. u can find IPO, stock valuation, yields, WACC, MCC, IOS, everything on dividends, everything on capital structure, CAPM, SML, BLA BLA BLA HERE! n guess what...
31st May 2006 I received a project guideline...
I've got only 1.5 weeks to complete a report on everything that is covered in CMFI, do a presentation on it and be tested on everything that can be found in this module.
It's difficult for me because in france, i studied EVERYTHING ON BOND INSTEAD OF SHARES. I STUDIED A DIFFERENT MARKET, AND IT'S NOT THE EQUITY MARKET! so. It's a totally different thing for me. I gotta learn everything from scratch n this is hell. Try using 1.5 weeks to study the whole module everyone learnt them after 1 semester. It's not funny at all. Especially when everything is alien to u, n u know u gotta pass it no matter what it takes, u are left with no choice but conform to their rules and START TO MUG LIKE U HAD NEVER DONE BEFORE! I must graduate yaaaa? and this is the last motivation to keep me going.
6th June 2006I'd finished the report 6 days after receiving the guidelines, how to do it and all. I swear to god, that i'd put in 200% of my efforts in doing it.... and guess what... IT WAS REJECTED AND I'M TOLD THAT THIS DOESN'T MATCH WITH MY LECT.'S EXPECTATION!OH HELL... so i took the report back and redo.. it's really hell.. and i took abt 2days to redo it... and worse, i couldn't complete it... bt i'd put in 1000% efforts on it.
8th June 2006I need to hand the report up to my lect, before 5pm. I'd completed the report at 8th June, 4.15pm. took a cab down and rushed to school, for my report submission. I'd completed it on time. Unlucky things like the printer spoilt, bla bla, happened last minute. I was abt to cry. Really.
2. PFPI'm here to clarify this. I am an accountancy(finance) student and this is my specialisation. I cannot work something that's totally out of my scope as it is not my field. Guess what. I'M FORCED TO TAKE UP THIS MODULE! AND THIS MODULE, IS AN INSURANCE MODULE!! HOW THE HELL CAN I STUDY EVERYTHING ABT INSURANCE FOR A WEEK AND BE TESTED EVERYTHING ON THAT, WHEN ALL ARE TAUGHT 6 MONTHS TO GAIN FULL KNOWLEDGE OF THIS MODULE?!
1st June 2006For this module, i had only a week to complete it. Ok. look. i'd done it alright. I really really did it. I studied everything about insurance, i mean ALL. EVERYTHING. abt it in one week. furthermore, rushed a 12 page report that covers EVERYTHING abt PFP, did a ppt abt PFP and then.. was tested on EVERYTHING abt PFP. Just in... 1 week.
8th June 2006I'd rushed the report like mad. Serious. and yes.. i'd completed the report on 8th June, 1.30pm. It's hell. and see, i still gotta finish with cmfi after this.
9th June 2006Both CMFI and PFP had the same deadline. N on this day, and that is TODAY. I'm on for a presentation. I'd finally done everything last minute. I hadn't complete the ppt for "just" CMFI until 4.30am. Darling helped me with the PFP ppt, and it was until about 4am, den can he finally complete the whole thing.
!!! The time finally came and the presentation was like.. very sucky. I stuttered. I stammered. I couldn't compose myself... i was under tremendous stress. i just... brushed it through.
Viva examination was crappier. I couldn't structure my answers well. I couldn't answer them good enough so that they will give me distinction for it. However, i'd tried my best for both CMFI and PFP... though i couldn't answer some of their questions... they just kept bombarding me with questions and questions.. it's about 6 questions in total...
The sleeping hours was like crap. This insane amount of time i'd put in for both projects and examination was truly hell. I woke up at 2pm each day, start to work until 6am on average. Once, i'd woke up at 1pm, and work all the way until the next morning, 10am. I don't feel like eating lunch n dinner. I just kept working and pushing myself to my limits. I'd suffered erratic sleeping patterns for ... 8 days.
Whatever so. This is the end.
I truly feel satisfied. I didn't know i'd such capabilities at all.. and for the first time in my life, i broke down for more than 5 times and picked myself up so quickly, and back to work. I cried a fair "load". Its all due to stress (+ depression). I thought i couldn't finish it. Really...
---------------------------------------------------------------
GoalsNot exactly "goals" but.. just something that i wanted to achieve or do..
1. Be an auditor. Not assistant.
2. Study in University of London, major in Finance.
3. Save about $600 a month for my future flat. It is impt.
4. Get a presentable watch. DARLING!! I want that Criteriaaa...
5. Operation. On my teeth. Must get it done.
6. Be rich. I hate poverty
7. Be Married by 26-27.
8. Invest in stocks. I know how to play shares though.. =x this is something very important and needa be very careful about it.
9. ---------- The REST, till i'd thought abt them-----------
ok. last word.
I'd finally update this blog. aint honeymoon-ing for the past week and all... wakakaka
*Goodnews* =)))
BUT ITS THE END OF ALL MY EDUCATIONAL TIES WITH NYP! ~*YAY*~ =D
-----------------------------------------------------------
My Uncharted Territory out
@ |11:54 PM|