Monday, October 23, 2006
What You Will Need to Possess1. persistent
2. drive
3. self-motivation
4. patience
5. versatile
6. thirst
7. greed
8. style
9. thick-skinned
10. sense of humour
What You Will Need to Manage1. Stress
2. Time
3. Emotions
4. Mood
5. Attitude
6. Money
7. Paper work
8. People
9. Image
10. hunger
What You Will Need To Know How To Handle1. Rejections
2. Dejections
3. Depression
4. Demoralisations
5. Confidence
6. Nag
7. Scoldings
8. Sadness
9. Unbreakable toughness
10. Situation
What Happened To Me TodayHaha. and so, above are what i learnt from my job. Advertising is an interesting career, provided if u have those of what i briefly scribbled above. If i hadn't got any of them up yet, perhaps u can help guide me further by telling me on my tag board wt it was i had missed. =) thanks you guys in advance.
anyways, this was what happened to me today. I had spent 2.5 hrs with my customer. He's undoubtedly a tough nut and yes, he did not sign any contract for my company for abt 8 yrs, cuz he's too tough liaos. SERIOUS!
He rejected me so many times, and that keep insisting that i'm wasting his time. He didn't even want to look at me in the eyes for a while. he even made a big statement that his company is already very popular (true in their industry) and that he need not want to get even more popular, saying that high popularity invites him trouble. and it goes on and on and on. I repeated this for abt a hundred times.
''aiya, it's only 700 dollars, after the tax deduction is 420 nia, den for a yr got 6 listings, and den if u calculate one month 6 listing cost u 35 dollars, den one listing cost u abt 7 dollars / mth, and each day u pay only 0.19 cents nia, can lah! u eat also eat more than tat!"
Seriously, i had used so many tactics.
1. Act cute tactic
2. Damn serious face tactic
3. Diplomatic tactic
4. Act "ke lian" tactic
5. Professionalism/ Business sense tactic
It was like a hundred yrs later and he responded to me and i was so relieved. I can't believe i played so many faces cuz of this customer. I derived an unbelievable amount of satisfaction that fed me of my insatiable greed to want more. It was all euphoric as i drew in my breathe in great relief and security.
I'm definitely in game. I'm cut out for this job. I've finally passed, and with flying colours. =)
He said this to me in the end.
"I will remember you forever, I tell you. I do not know what had gone into me to make me sign for you, and which god i had forgotten to pray this year i had to meet you! Of all my life, i had not seen any sales person like you. I've lived a fruitful 35 yrs taking out another 15 which i hadn't started working. I'm seriously thinking what I had owed you in my past life i had to make up for by signing this. 8 of your colleagues had came in. That means 8 yrs i've not signed any contract for ur company. Until u came in. Goodness. After I signed this, I will not want to see you ever. Trust me."and so i say...
"well, it's an affinity for me to meet up with you and that you're so obliged to sign for me! it's fate, u can't escape. 8 yrs had passed and the 9th is coming soon. Its great meeting you and you had not made a wrong choice! do not be disappointed when u see me again ok? I'm sure to treat you coffee, if nt, tea if u prefer. I'm not joking ok, cya soon and thank you, thank you, thank you...!"damn funny. right after i went off i suddenly realised i did not give him the corporate listing form. so i went back. and somehow it felt like some sand had rubbed hard against my right foot. I wasn't bothered and did not look down on what had happened on my foot. when i was in mr. tan's office again, he was taken aback and he shouted at me. "what happened to ur right foot?!" i looked down and i saw it covered in blood. it soaked through my urs heels and its kinda gross.. good that i bought it in black, not white, which i had initially picked. After that, he gave me a cuppa water to wash and offered to give me his hankie. i politely refuse it until he said, "this is my 'ding qing zhi wu' for u lah!" so i say, "wo bu yao lah! yao lai gan shen mo!" hahahahaa.. it was a light atmosphere once again. and i go straight home after all that.
told my manager, head of sales, they were all pleased. of course they will be. how could they not be? =D
-----------------------------------------------------------
My Uncharted Territory out
@ |8:16 PM|